Just a word (well, a few really) about what’s going on in Viper’s land of add-ons.
Stalker Resource System is coming along. I’ve made it to level 50 on my spellslinger which means I’ve had the chance to put some levels on my stalker (currently at level 15). This means I can finish up the last bits of SRS and get a version out there with all the new stuff. I’m hoping to have this done during the week.
I’ve also gone through some ideas for SRS and how to handle procs and a few different other things, but I’m unlikely to put these ideas to the test any time soon, but we’ll see. There’s still a ton of stuff to put in and other things that can be improved, so work is far from over on the add-on.
Latency Monitor has seen some updates and is in a good state now. There are more things I want to do to it, like more customization for aligning the text and where the graphic is, different graphics and a latency history (optional, of course), but for now it’ll stay as is so I can focus on other things.
I released Framerate Monitor as well since people were asking for it and I figured I could knock it out quickly (had most of the code in Latency Monitor already), so I did during waiting in queue at one point. That add-on is also in a good state and I won’t be doing anything to it in the near future.
I still haven’t had a chance to start work on Spellslinger Resource System as I’m trying to get OUCN and SRS out the door first.
Speaking of On-Use Cooldown Notifier I’ve run into a huge issue. The quirks I’ve experienced is due to the ability changing depending on your spell surge state and trying to solve this issue has so far not been possible. Basically it’s like this: If I activate an ability while spell surge is active I can only get the cooldown time for it if I’m still spell surged and vice versa. This, obviously, is a huge issue as it makes the add-on unreliable for spellslingers. I have sent Bitwise an e-mail hoping he can shine some light on it, but so far I haven’t heard back from him. Still trying to find some way to solve it but I’ve really hit a wall currently. I’m still working on other aspects of it and might decide to release it with a warning for spellslingers if I don’t find a solution once the other stuff is done.
I also want to finish up on the new version of Ability Error Control but focus is on OUCN and SRS right now, never the less you should see this soonish and before the spellslinger add-on.
The next *RS add-on after the spellslinger one will probably be for the Medic as it looks now, but that’s subject to change. 🙂 I’m hoping the PTR will allow me to get level 50 characters of each class to make the development of these add-ons a lot easier and quicker as I won’t have to level them up to test everything.
Remember that this blog is still being a bit neglected, but I will take more care of it once things settle down a bit and I have a bit more time to use on it.